Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Person I Long To Be - Victoria A. Mogyorosi


The Person I Long To Be - Victoria A. Mogyorosi

The day light breaks again
Another day has begun.
But still no sleep has come.
My body is weary

My mind overworked.
I lie awake thinking

But what I am unsure.
I need to break free from the cycle I endure.

Everyday is the same and the nights are undistinguished.
I feel as though I am being pushed along with the tide

Unable to break free from the everyday flow.
This is not me I need to change, before time takes over

And I am unable to change.
I need to be freed from the grasp of ordinary

And become that person I have always longed for.
Express myself in every way, and conquer the dreams as I lie awake.

Then I may fall asleep and put my mind to rest.
Make changes in my life and help those in need.

I would like to touch everyone's life in a positive way
And leave my mark on society before I fade away.



I found this poem while I was browsing a website and I really liked it. It's something I'm sure everyone can relate to. Everybody has had that boring phase in life where everyday is the same and if you haven't I'm jealous of you. The last two lines are so strong too because I feel like most people want to do something in their life that is positive and people will remember them for before they leave this world. Beautiful poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment