Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Health Care Reform?

So if you follow the news even atleast a little bit, you know that President Obama's Health Care Reform bill passed yesterday. I'm not really sure why there's all this drama surrounding it though because it sounds like a good thing. Health care for everyone, right? Apparently many people don't feel that way and I kind of want to read the bill just to see what it's all about. And why there is so much controversy with it. One thing I REALLY do respect is that Obama is carrying out the late Ted Kennedy's wishes because he wanted health care reform. That's very noble of him to try to complete what Kennedy wanted and to keep trying until he got it passed.

I don't understand though why some people are saying "Oh, health care isn't a right." Really? Because it should be a right. How would you like it if you were so sick and couldn't be seen at a doctor because you had no health insurance? How would that make you feel? We already have health care for everybody in Massachusetts, which is Mass Health. But I don't know all the details of the bill so I'm not saying it's right or wrong because honestly I don't know the answer to that. I guess we'll see what happens in the coming days.

Everyone DOES deserve and need to have health care though. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment