Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rihanna: Women Of The Year

Glamour magazine interviewed Rihanna and entitled the article "Rihanna: Back On Top" in the Women of the Year issue.

Here's a small part of the interview:

Glamour: If you could offer a message to the millions of young women who look up to you, what would you tell someone who found herself in a similar situation?

Rihanna: Domestic violence is a big secret. No kid goes around and lets people know their parents fight. Teenage girls can’t tell their parents that their boyfriend beat them up. You don’t dare let your neighbor know that you fight. It’s one of the things we [women] will hide, because it’s embarrassing. My story was broadcast all over the world for people to see, and they have followed every step of my recovery. The positive thing that has come out of my situation is that people can learn from that. I want to give as much insight as I can to young women, because I feel like I represent a voice that really isn’t heard. Now I can help speak for those women.

Glamour: I think that’s a great message. What about your new album? What’s it like?

Rihanna: I was involved in a lot of the writing. I put everything I’ve wanted to say for the past eight months into my music. The songs are really personal. It’s rock ‘n’ roll, but it’s really hip-hop: If Lil’ Wayne and Kings of Leon like my album, then I’ll feel good. I would not change anything about it. Even if people don’t love it, I made exactly the piece of art that I wanted to make. It’s super fearless—which is exactly how I feel right now. I am in a really good place.


To read the full interview go here; http://www.glamour.com/women-of-the-year/2009/rihanna




She seems like she's moving forward and regaining control of her life. She also talks about hoping to find love in the next 10 years. Which means she, unlike Chris, is not hanging on and dwelling on their relationship. Atleast not publicly anyways. Good interview. Worth Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment